Many Hungarian habits and traditions are well worth carrying home and spreading.
A few are:
- forget the car - walk, bike, take the train or bus.
- cook it from scratch.
- smaller homes, cheaper to heat and easier to clean!
- fewer clothes means wearing out what you have before getting new ones.
- Cell phones only - forget the landline.
- metal or tile roofs - easier maintenance and longer life.
- tiny yards.
- gardens with your own vegetables.
- lots of parks.
- school dances that your parents come to so they can dance and you can dance with them!
- school programs that the students produce and share their talents in.
- stores closed on Sunday. The emphasis in on family, not on I want it NOW.
- trains, trains, trains.